Portrait of our school
- At E.B.N.D.S., in keeping with our Mission Statement, we accept Francophone, Anglophone and Allophone students from Kindergarten to grade 6.
- The school is nondenominational with approximately 329 students consisting of 40 different nationalities, and from 6 different religious groups.
- EBNDS offers an accelerated, enriched, bilingual academic program, in mother tongue French and mother tongue English.
- From Kindergarten to Grade 4 (cycles 1 and 2), 60% of teaching takes place in French and 40% in English.
- In grade 5 and grade 6 (cycle 3), students are taught in French 80% of the time, and in English 20%. Mother Tongue proficiency continues to be met at these percentages.
- Our school team is made up of a Board of directors, a school principal, an administrative team, around 30 French and English faculty members, as well as monitors.
- At EBNDS, close collaboration between all school staff creates a harmonious climate throughout our school. Partnership with parents is also very important to the child’s academic growth.
- We are a private school with membership in two associations : la Fédération des établissements d’enseignement privé (FEEP) and the Quebec Association of Independent Schools (QAIS).
- Also EBNDS must follow the rules and regulations set by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport du Québec (MELS) in order to get a permit, it receives no financial aid from the provincial government.
- By being financially independent, the school is free to expand its scholastic program and increase its sphere of social responsibilities.
Click here to view where our graduates pursue their high school education.